Bruce Jenner and the culture of insanity

The current main pop-culture headline involves former Olympian Bruce Jenner “transitioning” into a woman. He’s on the cover of Vanity Fair as “Caitlyn,” and he’ll be receiving the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the 2015 ESPY Awards.
Sadly, a large segment of our culture celebrates that which shouldn’t be celebrated. Jenner needs compassion — he obviously has a significant mental affliction — but he certainly doesn’t deserve an award for courage. There’s nothing courageous about a man living as a woman.
On a related note, transgender activists in Canada are now lobbying to abolish gender references from birth certificates.
From the National Post:
The B.C. Human Rights Tribunal has agreed to review complaints filed by the Trans Alliance Society and a handful of transgender and intersex individuals, who argue that doctors should stop assigning the sex of a baby based on a quick inspection of the baby’s genitals at birth when there’s a possibility they may identify under a different gender, or no gender, years later.
‘Birth certificates (may) give false information about people and characterize them in a way that is actually wrong, that assumes to be right, and causes people … actual harm,’ said Morgane Oger, a transgender woman in Vancouver and chair of the society.
A commenter at LifeSiteNews hit the nail on the head:
‘If I were to tell my doctor I think I am Napoleon, I would get a speedy referral to the psychiatric unit. If I tell him I think I am a woman, despite the physical evidence of my body indicating I am male, I will get the right to impose my delusion on others, backed by the sanction of legal action if anybody doesn't believe me. Did the definition of insanity just change? Seriously, the lunatics have taken over the asylum, and some warped-minded lawyers are cashing in on it.’
Interestingly, this whole “I’m constructing and living my own reality” scenario is essentially what the U.S. Supreme Court asserted in Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992):
‘At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life.’
Insanity.